This year's Indy 500 celebrates 100 Years of Auto Racing at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and in celebration of all things Fast, Crush Entertainment is proud to present the Big Finish 2K11 at Sensu Indy, Indy's Premiere Dance Club! DJ's Indiana Jones, Lockstar, and Gabby Love will be holding down the decks and special hosts, Scott Dixon, Marco Andretti, Dan Wheldon, Tony Kanaan, and Justin Wilson hold down the Grey Goose "Winners Circle" and you are invited to dance the night away. Tickets are only $10 and available at our BIGFINISHINDY Eventbrite Page. Big Finish Indy is brought to you by the good people at Grey Goose Vodka, Jack Daniel's, Bacardi, NOS Energy Drink, FTW, Bald Spot Sports, Miller Lite, and NUVO NewsWeekly! Shout out to Rik at Royalty Design for the design.
Also, Check These Events Out:
Saturday May 28th - Fantasy 500 Party @ The Columbia Club, Monument Circle, Downtown Indy
Hosted By Christina Milian, Catt Sadler, and Carlso Diaz. Brought to you by RadioNow 100.9, Metromix, Dr. Garcon Footwear, EFFEN Vodka, Jim Beam, Jagermeister, Moet & Chandon, Hoosier Park Racing and Casino's and Miller Lite. Beats by DJ Indiana Jones, Orion, Lockstar, Gabby Love and Drums from Joe Meltdown! Don't Miss This Party, Get Your Tix HERE
Sunday May 29th During The Race Check us out in the Return of the Snake Pit! With A2 Industries, Action Jackson, Andy D, and Jess Bonkers. Brought to you by A2, IMS, and RadioNOW 100.9! Go to the Facebook Event Page for more Info! It's FREE once you are inside the race for 21 and older ONLY!
I wanted to leave you with the following Indy 500 Facts (Courtesy of the IMS):
- Churchill Downs, Yankee Stadium, the Rose Bowl, the Roman Colosseum and Vatican City all can fit inside the IMS oval, which covers 253 acres.
- The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is the world’s largest spectator sporting facility, with more than 250,000 permanent seats. If the seat boards from the grandstands at IMS were laid end-to-end, they would stretch 99.5 miles.
- The first event at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway was a helium gas-filled balloon competition on Saturday, June 5, 1909, more than two months before the oval was completed.
IMS Grounds Information
- IMS total acreage: 1,025 (includes track, Brickyard Crossing Golf Course, all parking lots)
- IMS infield: 253 acres; Parking acreage: 750 acres
- 26 bridges, six tunnels
- 17 grandstands with a 220-acre footprint (if the seat boards were laid end-to-end, they would stretch 99.5 miles)
Indianapolis 500 Television Information (May 2009)
- Miles of cable run outside of the Broadcast Compound: 42
- Miles of cable run within the Broadcast Compound: 10
- Additional staff hired by IMS Productions: 223
- Worldwide television distribution of the Indianapolis 500 broadcast: 213 countries, with an audience reach of over 292 million households
Thanks to the good people of Indy for Boycotting the Donald driving a Pace Car on the Race's 100th running. A Bigger Thumb's up to the IMS for putting AJ Foyt in the driver's seat. He truly embodies the spirit of Indy Racing! One more thumbs up to IZOD for putting a lot of shine on Indy Car racing and we are truly grateful in Indiana for all of the extra business it brings people like us!